Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Taking a Step Back & Patience

It's now Tuesday and officially I am on day three of my internet detox program - four days to go.

Last week I managed to work myself into a bit of a lather. Ha! What an understatement. My mind was ticking over and over and over and over. All I could think of was India, SI and our journey and what is ahead of us. It doesn't help any that I am on a computer for work five days a week for at least nine hours a day and I have Dr Google at my disposal whenever I choose.

This week it has been decided that I will have a break from the online forums, parent websites and Dr Google to give my mind and body time to relax. This is not easy as many IPs will agree but I have to do this.

The weekend was easy as Darren's mother and her partner are now on the start of their five week European holiday so I spent Saturday helping pack and shuttle them to the International Airport. By the time I arrived home I was tired and decided instead of mowing the lawn and folding the washing I would have a kip with the boys.

Now up to this point I don't think I've mentioned our four legged babies; Oliver and Billy.



We have two beautiful Burmese cats that are our babies and strictly indoor cats. I awoke late in the afternoon and decided to spend the rest of the time before Dazz came home cooking. I love cooking and entertaining and last Autumn tried my hand at preserving quince. What a disaster!

Never one to be discouraged I had bought six beautifully intoxicating quince from our local fruit purveyor and being the start of the season they were perfect to preserve. The next six or so hours I was hovering over the stove stirring and waiting for the ruby red colour indicating the quince were done.....I set my alarm for 1.30am people, to check the quince were cooked to perfection and; voila! In my early morning daze I was greeted by the overwhelming scent of soft, deliciously perfect preserved quince.

I'm doing some more this Saturday and this has become my new game plan.

When I have spare time on my hands I'm going to be cooking, cleaning or gardening. Anything I can do around the home to pass the time enjoyably without worrying about Noddy's arrival.

Both Darren and I are confident that our Noddy will be on his/her way to being a part of our family by the beginning of August and we will be pregnant so really I have nothing to worry about, neither of us do.

5 comments:

  1. Your kitties are gorgeous. Don't drive yourself crazy with worry, all will be just fine. Before you know it you will be parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the pain of waiting! I have been taking a break from the net as well. I still poke around but not with the intensity of the past. I have excepted that out time will come when it is supposed to and I need to continue living my life until then. Its so difficult to wait!! Now, the quince..ugh...I remember when I was a kid I ate one fresh picked and it was so sour. I have never tried again.
    Your Burmese are beauties! What a difference in size between the two.
    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've figured out relatively early that you need to take a break every now and again. This is your journey, nobody else's. And while it's great to garner as much advice as you possibly can from people, it's also very sensible to filter some of the noise out.

    Your journey has already started. Try to remain positive and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience young Skywalker...Dr. Google is both your friend and your enemy. Most importantly, close your eyes, breathe, and take a leap of faith. You cannot control everything and if you try, you will be in the nuthouse before the baby(ies) are born!

    Besides, once you have the babies, they will consume your lives and drive you into the nuthouse anyway. Might as well go in happy with a baby than neurotic pre-baby. Trust us on this!

    Mike and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful kitties! We have one rather neurotic cat who we love to death. I don't think she has left me out of her sight since I got back from Mumbai.

    Cooking, preserving quince, and working in the garden sounds like a wonderful way to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete